Welcome! This is my crochet site. It's mostly for my own reference, but if others find it interesting and useful that's good too. ~Snow

Categories

Archives

Black Lacy Purse Cover & Handle

I got this cute little square black purse, but it was on the boring side and it had no handle. It has a loop on the back for putting it on a belt, but that’s a bit too dorky for me. So I found this stitch in one of my books and bent it to my will. I created a rectangle to cover the purse front-bottom-back and front flap. Then Started a strip to stitch one side together, create the handle and then stitch the other side together. Then I took black sewing thread and anchored the cover to the purse around the edges. I think it may still need a button on the front, but maybe not. We’ll see.

sweet

More photos on Flickr

Black & Gold Striped Slipper Socks

black and gold slipper sock black and gold slipper socks

I should have gotten a quarter into one of these shots. These slipper-socks are huge. I made them for Michael, whose feet are 10.25″ long, and because they’re a thick slipper I make them extra long and wide. I little duck footed to go over other socks and also to hold an extra pocket of warm air around the foot. I may have over done it a bit here. He likes them, but is a little worried about tripping over them. We may try a little dryer shrinking to see if we can condense it a little.

Yarn: Black is a regular DK wool, 2 strands together. And then on some rows a variegated gold and bronze (“Safari”) Moonlight Mohair is added as well. Hook used was “K” (6.5 mm).

Black Lace Fingerless Gloves

Book: Happy Hooker

I made these for Michael.

Red & Black Hat & Gloves

The hat is the same pattern as the Grey Textured Hat

Tweed Hat & Scarf for Michael

Book: Happy Hooker
Scarf pattern on page 133,
Hat pattern on page 134.

This is the same pattern as I used for the Chunky Fall Hat I made for Michael (May 2006). This yarn makes a big difference. Here it actually looks the way it’s supposed to. But I still made one change. Here it’s supposed to be a lightweight cap, and I found that it was a little too long, so I removed one row of V stitches in the hat, and now it tucks just behind the ears and looks great.

For the scarf I mostly just followed the pattern. I made it a bit thinner, because it seemed too wide for a lightweight fall or spring scarf to me. It works well this way.